I am a postdoctoral researcher at VMware Research Group. I earned my PhD in Computer Sciences from the University of Wisconsin – Madison, working with Prof. Andrea Arpaci-Dusseau and Prof. Remzi Arpaci-Dusseau. My research interests are in distributed systems, storage and file systems. My research addresses the fundamental tradeoff between strong consistency and performance in distributed storage systems. My work on distributed storage reliability has exposed many severe bugs in popular distributed systems. Ideas from my research on corruption-tolerant replication are implemented in a financial database. My work has appeared in top systems venues such as OSDI, SOSP, and FAST and has been recognized with best-paper awards at FAST 20 and FAST 18 and a best paper award nomination at FAST 17. I was selected for the Rising Stars in EECS workshop and a recipient of Facebook 2019 PhD Fellowship. I also received the graduate student instructor award for teaching distributed systems at UW Madison.
Prior to starting my Ph.D., I was a Research Fellow at Microsoft Research India in the Mobility, Networks, and Systems group. Before that, I graduated with a master’s degree from Indian Institute of Technology – Bombay.
- Aug 2021: Our work on nilexternality and nilext-aware replication has been accepted at SOSP '21.
- Jul 2021: Our work on learned indexes for log-structured merge trees will be presented at LADSIOS@VLDB workshop.
- Oct 2020: I started as a postdoc at VMware Research.
- Oct 2020: I successfully defended my Ph.D. dissertation titled "Consistency-Aware Durability".
- Aug 2020: Our work on learned indexes for log-structured merge trees has been accepted at OSDI 2020.
- May 2020: Thrilled to receive the Graduate Student Instructor Award for co-teaching distributed systems in Spring 2020. Awards video: link
- Feb 2020: We won one of the Facebook Distributed Systems Research Awards. link
- Feb 2020: Our paper "Strong and Efficient Consistency with Consistency-aware Durability" won the best paper award at FAST 2020!
- Jan 2020: Ram and I are co-teaching CS-739 Distributed Systems in Spring 2020
- Dec 2019: Our work on consistency-aware durability has been accepted at FAST 2020.
- Aug 2019: Passed my prelim - I am now a dissertator.
- Jul 2019: Our work on protocol aware recovery was invited to the Best of the Rest track at ATC '19.
- Apr 2019: Organized CS Student Research Symposium at UW Madison.
- Jan 2019: Honored to be selected as a Facebook fellow.
- Aug 2018: I am going to lead WACM, the University of Wisconsin-Madison's student chapter of ACM-W .
- Aug 2018: Ram and I wrote on some of the back stories of our research on Vijay's CSRTales.
- Jul 2018: Our work on situation aware updates and crash recovery was accepted to OSDI '18.
- Jun 2018: Selected for Rising Stars in EECS 2018!
- Feb 2018: Our work on protocol aware recovery was covered in the morning paper and ZDNet.
- Feb 2018: Our paper received one of the Best Paper Awards at FAST '18.
- Feb 2018: Passed my quals! I am a Ph.D. candidate now.