- Question 1: A sends 128B packets + 1 checksum byte. So 129B per packet.
- For 1.2 assume F=16
- question 2: if you are not familiar with cgi scripts and dynamic content read http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dynamic_web_page :-)
dynamic content is something that is generated on the fly and could change with a variety of parameters such as who is requesting, geographic location, time of day etc.
- Question 2.3: you are not allowed to change n for the answer. you have
to figure a way of improving response time without starting new connections.
- question 2.3: assume that the client knows which of the objects it is requesting are large and which are small. so it knows that it has to request m large objects and some N small objects from the server. N >> m > n
- question 3: please replace www.batlan.be with
- question 3.1-3.2: you are only allowed to use traceroute and the output it gives to figure out answers to this question. feel free to run traceroutes to other hosts, such as www.nytimes.com, www.mit.edu, www.berkeley.edu or whatever to "see" if you answer some of the questions here.
- Question 4: Read "Assign a number..." as "Let us assign a number...". Also, the sub-questions need to be numbered 4.1...4.4 and not 2.1...2.4
- Questions 4.1...4.4: Read the word "written" as "present". So for
instance, question 4.1 should read "List all packet instances and
header numbers where S's IP address is present."