Timothy M. Bailen
XNS: =Tim Bailen
December 1, 2001
Full time employment leveraging my computer science skills and providing
opportunity to let them grow in a team environment.
Madison, WI. Milwaukee, WI. Minneapolis or St. Paul, MN.
- C++ and Visual C++ 6.0 (using the MFC)
- Visual Basic 6.0
- Object-Oriented Design & Programming
- Normalized Relational Database Design
- User Interface Design
- Visual SourceSafe
- Microsoft Internet Explorer WebBrowser Control
- COM, ASP, XML, HTML, SQL Server, OpenGL, PERL
- operating systems
- Windows XP, 2000, NT 4.0, 9x, 3.1
University of Wisconsin – Madison
Bachelor of Science: Computer Science (2000)
G.P.A. (in major): 3.44
G.P.A. (overall) : 3.42
UW-Madison's Computer Sciences Department is consistently ranked among the Top
Microsoft. Redmond, WA
Software Design Engineer in Test (2001)
Shoreland, Inc. Milwaukee, WI
- Developed automated test harness for Windows Media Player
- Coded performance test cases
- Trained in testing methods and writing bug reports
Windows Software Developer (1999-2000)
UW Madison – Division of Information Technology
- Led the design, development, testing, and documenting of:
- Shoreland's next generation Windows consumer product from conception to
- Supporting applications:
- Non-trivial InstallShield installer
- Database editor for internal use
- Developed cooperative team work skills
Software Development Technologist (1998-1999)
Summer computer/networking intern (1998)
- Created a comparison report on varying technologies for creating database
applications on the web.
- Created PERL scripts to generate reports of possible Y2K trouble spots.
- Maintained source code for the Human Oncology Department.
- Trained in networks, Office 97, Windows NT Workstation 4.0, analytic problem
- Mentored in Help Desk, Installation and Repair, Customer Systems Management.