Week 12, Monday, 11/25: Continue 7.4
Week 12, Friday, 11/22: Finish 7.3, Start 7.4
- Code From Class: Arithmetic.java, CommandLineArgs.java, CommandLineIO.java, InputValidation.java, LinkRemover.java, MultiCatch.java, NoIfs.java
Week 12, Wednesday, 11/20: Read 7.1-3
Exam 2: Thursday, 11/14, 5-7 PM.
- See Exams page for Room assignments when they are available.
- Bring your UW ID and #2 Pencils
Links: Exam Information, Topics List, and see the "Content" section of the course Learn@UW page for sample questions and a previous semester's exam.
Week 11, Monday, 11/18: Read 7.1
Week 11, Friday, 11/15: Linked Lists
Week 10, Wednesday, 11/6: Read 9.5
- Code From Class: Fish.java, FishTank.java, FishTankTester.java, Food.java, Point.java, PointDriver.java, Shark.java, Tank.java
Week 11, Wednesday, 11/13: Exam Review - please bring your questions!
Week 10, Monday, 11/11: Exam Preparation - please bring a copy of the practice exam and your questions!
- Review Notes Review Slides
Week 10, Friday, 11/8: Continue 9.5
Week 10, Wednesday, 11/6: Read 9.5
Week 9, Monday, 11/4: Continue 8.6
- Code From Class: Elevator.java, Floor.java, Library.java, LibraryBook.java, LibraryPatron.java, Person.java, Series.java, Shelf.java, Superman.java
Week 9, Friday, 11/1: Read 8.4-6
Week 9, Wednesday, 10/30: Read 8.1-8.4
- Program 1: scores have been uploaed to Learn@UW. Confirm that we have the correct score in Learn@UW. Report discrepances by email to your grader TA and include your Name, Net ID, and CS Login.
Week 8, Monday, 10/28: Continue 8.1
- Code From Class: ArrayListInt.java, Bomb.java, BombMain.java, Car.java, Complex.java, Power.java, Fraction.java, NullPointers.java, Wheel.java
Week 8, Friday, 10/25: Finish 6.8, Start 8.1
Week 8, Wednesday, 10/23: Finish 6.8
- Exam 1: 10/17, 5-7 PM.
Week 7, Monday, 10/21: Read 6.8.1, 2
Week 7, Friday, 10/18: Recursion
- Code From Class: BinarySearchR.java, Count.java, EqualsR.java, Fib.java, Palindrome.java, Power.java, StackOverflow.java, StackTrace.java, StartsWith.java
Week 7, Wednesday, 10/16: Review Day! Bring your questions. Be sure to read over the sample exam before class.
CodeLab: See the announcement section of the CodeLab page for due dates.
Week 6, Monday, 10/14: Review
Week 6, Friday, 10/11: Review
- Code From Class: InsertSorted.java, Locker.java, Maze.java, printColumnwise.java, Series.java, Sudoku.java
Week 6, Wednesday, 10/9: Read 6.4-5, 6.7
Week 5, Monday, 10/7: Continue 5.1-2
Week 5, Friday, 10/4: Read 5.1-2
- Code From Class: ChainingMethodCalls.java, ChangingParameters.java, DuplicateCode.java, HelloMethods.java
Week 5, Wednesday, 10/2: Read 6.2-3
- Code From Class: BinarySearch.java, BogoSort.java, BubbleSort.java, ExtendedFor.java, InsertionSort.java, LinearSearch.java, SelectionSort.java
- Sorting Videos:
As I promised, here is a link to some folk dances using various sorting methods. If you're curious to learn some that we didn't talk about, or briefly mentioned in class, I encourage you to take a look. The dances are relatively clear, so if you watch one even on a sort we didn't discuss, you should be able to pick out the algorithm.
Week 4, Monday, 9/30: Continue 6.1
- Code From Class: GrowingQueue.java, ModularQueue.java, NaiveQueue.java, PartiallyFilledArray.java, ShiftDownQueue.java, Stack.java
Week 4, Friday, 9/27: Read 6.1
Week 4, Wednesday, 9/25: Read 4.1-7
Week 3, Monday, 9/23: Read 4.2
- Code From Class: CaesarCipher.java, ConfusingTrace.java, CountOccurrences.java, Equals.java, Factorial.java, ProcessSum.java
Note: Some are the incomplete version of the program skeletons. Complete these on your own for practice or fill them in from your notes!
Week 3, Friday, 9/20: Read 4.1
Week 3, Wednesday, 9/18: No new reading - review special topic 3.3, 3.6
Week 2, Monday, 9/15: Read 3.8
- Code From Class: CompoundConditionals.java, IfElseIf.java, InputValidation.java, LazyEval.java, Ternary.java
Week 2, Friday, 9/13: Read 3.1-3.7
- Code From Class: Randomizer.java, IfExample.java, RockPaperScissors.java, ChooseYourOwnAdventure.java
Week 2, Wednesday, 9/11: Read 2.5
- Code From Class: MadLib.java
Week 1, Monday, 9/9: Read 2.2-2.4
Week 1, Friday, 9/6: Read 1.6-2.1
Week 1, Wednesday, 9/4: Read 1.1-1.5
- Add the Exam dates and times and other Course Information to your calendar.
- Activate your CS account.
- Read the course website to ensure you know where to find information we post.
- Read the textbook before lecture as well as familiarizing yourself with the course website.
- See the Download link if you wish to work from home.
- Enroll in Piazza to ensure you see questions and answers that other students have posted.
- Printable Info Sheet