Completed Research Projects
- Interpreting Crystallographic Density Maps [Summer 2004]
Supervisor: Prof. Jude Shavlik
- Mining Range Associations for Numeric Attributes [Spring 2004]
Supervisor: Prof. Raghu Ramkrishnan
- SPEAD: Script Programming Environment for Active Disks [Fall 2003]
Supervisor: Prof. Remzi H. Arpaci-Dusseau
- DEAR: Database-aware Exclusive ARray Cache [Fall 2003]
Supervisor: Prof. Jeffrey F. Naughton
- Behavioral Keystroke Authentication System [April - July 2002]
Supervisor: Prof. R.B. Mishra, Dept. of Computer Engg., IT-BHU, Varanasi.
A password keystroke system based on the behavioral biometrics that takes into
account the sequence of keys as well as the rhythmic pattern of the keystrokes for authentication.
- Study and Analysis of Mining Association Rules [July '01-April '02]
Supervisor: Prof. K.K. Shukla, Head, Dept. of Computer Engg., IT-BHU, Varanasi.
Proposed and implemented enhancements for mining primitive, generalized and multilevel
association rules for very large data sets using:
- candidate generation algorithm without pruning
- an algorithm without candidate generation using Frequent Pattern Tree
- a graph based approach Also used association rules to classify and segment textured features as binary images.
- Parallel Computing on Cluster of PCs [May-July 2001]
Supervisor: Prof. Matthew Jacob & Prof. R. Govindrajan, Dept. of Comp. Sc. & Automation and Supercomputer Education & Research Centre, I.I.Sc., Bangalore.
Successfully provided user level networking support on Myrinet system area
network cards by porting Genova Active Message MAchine (GAMMA) message passing
system to it. Also conducted some performance measurement tests successfully.
- Archiving and Mining of Internet Browsing History [Oct.2000 - Mar. 2001]
Worked on developing a commercial product where we mined hypertext data and
categorized them based on content. It involved advanced mining and clustering
algorithms, web content version management, applet design, servlets and associated
distributed database architecture, and user interfaces.