Hobbies & Activities
My biggest ongoing project is the garden at Eagle Heights
. Tomatoes, potatoes, pickles,and salad fixins are just some of our favorite seasonal plants.
Helpful garden references:
- Here is Park's Garden with a wealth of seeds, bulbs, and knowledge.
- Another resource for a variety of plants is Burpee.
- An informative plant search is at Marth Sterwart's site.
Cooking is such a wonderful way to learn about the chemistry around us everyday.
- Goadrich recipies- We, along with our family and friends have created a wonderful collection of favorites here.
I am also a happy african violet grower. I have found that these beautiful plants require low maintance and beautiful flowers longer than most of my other plants.
Helpful violet references:
I have always had a facination with herbology and herb lore. It amazes me that wonderful plants can help so many people.
Recently I have enjoyed creating soap from scratch. It is not difficult if you have the right tools and patience.
Helpful soap references:
- Brambleberry has nice online recipies and suppplies.
- Teachsoap is another good place for recipies and supplies.
- For a bit of soap history check out Walton.
- Lather land has much information and good tips on making soap cold process.