Peer Reviewed Publications
Houssam Nassif, PhD
Below is a list of my peer-reviewed publications. You can also check
Scholar page. I also have various
abstracts, posters, and talks.
- Automated Identification of Protein-Ligand Interaction
Features Using Inductive Logic Programming: A Hexose Binding Case
Santos JCA, Nassif H, Page D, Muggleton SH, and Sternberg MJE
BMC Bioinformatics, 13:162, 2012.
- Automatic Classification of Mammography Reports by BI-RADS Breast Tissue Composition Class
Percha B, Nassif H, Lipson J, Burnside E, and Rubin D
Journal of the American Medical Informatics Association (JAMIA), 19(5):913-916, 2012.
- Prediction of Protein-Glucose Binding Sites Using Support Vector Machines
Nassif H, Al-Ali H, Khuri S, and Keyrouz W
Proteins: Structure, Function and Bioinformatics, 77(1):121-132, 2009.
- Relational Differential Prediction
Nassif H, Santos Costa V, Burnside ES, and Page D
European Conference on Machine Learning (ECML'12), Bristol, UK, pp. 617-632, 2012.
(Paper, Slides, Poster)
- Logical Differential Prediction Bayes Net, Improving Breast Cancer Diagnosis for Older Women
Nassif H, Wu Y, Page D, and Burnside ES
American Medical Informatics Association Symposium (AMIA'12), Chicago, pp. 1330-1339, 2012.
- Extracting BI-RADS Features from Portuguese Clinical Texts
Nassif H, Cunha F, Moreira IC, Cruz-Correia R, Sousa E, Page D, Burnside E, and Dutra I
IEEE International Conference on Bioinformatics and Biomedicine (BIBM'12), Philadelphia, pp. 539-542 , 2012.
- Integrating Machine Learning and Physician Knowledge to Improve the Accuracy of Breast Biopsy
Dutra I, Nassif H, Page D, Shavlik J, Strigel RM, Wu Y, Elezaby ME, and Burnside E
American Medical Informatics Association Symposium (AMIA'11), Washington, DC, pp. 349-355, 2011.
- Uncovering Age-Specific Invasive and DCIS Breast Cancer Rules Using Inductive Logic Programming
Nassif H, Page D, Ayvaci M, Shavlik J, and Burnside ES
1st ACM International Health Informatics Symposium (IHI'10), Arlington, VA, USA, pp. 76-82, 2010.
- An Inductive Logic Programming Approach to Validate Hexose Binding Biochemical Knowledge
Nassif H, Al-Ali H, Khuri S, Keyrouz W, and Page D
19th International Conference on Inductive Logic Programming (ILP'09), Leuven, Belgium, pp. 149-165, 2009.
- Information Extraction for Clinical Data Mining: A Mammography Case Study
Nassif H, Woods R, Burnside ES, Ayvaci M, Shavlik J, and Page D
9th IEEE International Conference on Data Mining (ICDM'09) Workshops, Miami, pp. 37-42, 2009.
- Differential Relational Learning
PhD Dissertation, University of Wisconsin - Madison, 2012.
- A Pattern Recognition Based Model for Characterizing and Predicting Glucose-Binding Sites
MS Thesis, American University of Beirut, 2006.