- University of Wisconsin-Madison News. Learning like humans, machines extend the reach of research. By Chris Barncard, August 16, 2016
The Chronicle of Higher Education.
`Machine Teaching' Is Seen as Way to Develop Personalized Curricula.
August 12, 2015 by Mary Ellen McIntire.
- University of Wisconsin-Madison News, Machine teaching holds the power to illuminate human learning, by Jennifer A. Smith, August 10, 2015
- Inside Higher ED. In the Mind of a Student. By Jacqueline Thomsen, September 25, 2015
- Science 2.0. Machine Learning? No, Machine Teaching. August 13, 2015
- The R&D Magazine. The Flipside of Machine Learning. By Greg Watry, August 13, 2015
Scientists using social media to track air pollution in China.
By Michael Casey, Nov. 21, 2014.
- The Badger Herald, UW researchers use social media to estimate air quality, by Emily Neinfeldt, Nov. 20, 2014
- University of Wisconsin-Madison News, Social media for social good: Researchers estimate air pollution from online posts, by Jennifer Smith, Nov. 17, 2014
- University of Wisconsin-Madison News,
Learning machines scour Twitter in service of bullying research,
by Chris Barncard, August 1, 2012
- Huffington Post, Bullying On Twitter: Researchers Find 15,000 Bully-Related Tweets Sent Daily (STUDY), by Britney Fitzgerald, August 2, 2012
- Gigaom.com, Big data as a tool for detecting (and punishing?) bullies, by Derrick Harris, August 2, 2012
- RedOrbit.com, Twitter Helps Researchers Study Factors Of Bullying, by Connie K. Ho, August 2, 2012
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, UW-Madison culling tweets about bullying, by Arthur Thomas, August 4, 2012
- The Capital Times, Campus Connection: UW-Madison researchers scour Twitter for bullying language, by Todd Finkelmeyer, August 7, 2012
- NBC Latino, Bullying prevention summit shines light on bystanders, role of technology, by Adrian Carrasquillo, August 7, 2012
- Time.com, Using Twitter to Crack Down on Bullying, by Kayla Webley, August 17, 2012
- WKOW, UW researchers create method to track bullying on Twitter, by Dani Maxwell, August 17, 2012
- Allvoices.com, Researchers leverage Twitter to identify cyberbullying, by Steve Kinney, August 21, 2012
- OnWisconcin, ``Bullies Exposed / Social media reveals bad behavior offline'', by Chris Barncard, p.11, Winter 2012
- Carnegie Mellon University School of Computer Science, Alumni Snapshots in The Link magazine, p.26, Spring 2011.
- NewScientist, ``Picture This'', August 18-24, p.22, 2007.
|Office:||Computer Science 6391|
Department of Computer Sciences
University of Wisconsin-Madison
1210 W. Dayton St.
Madison, WI, USA 53706