If you choose not to use the
sample solution as a basis for your project, you must be sure to implement the
important features of the sample code:
- You must be able to fly around the town to look at things.
- You must have "shortcuts" to go directly to places where particularly
interesting things are.
- You must have several vehicles moving around. (this doesn't necessarily
mean cars - one student had a space-town with ships flying around, another in
a Harry Potter inspired project had brooms flying around castles)
- You must be able to control the time of day. The time of day should affect
the lighting and the actions that occur.
- The program must be able to maintain a decent frame rate.
from scratch is a lot more work. We will give you some credit for doing it, but
you will still need to do the technical challenges.