Paper Reviews and Class Participation
Students are expected to have completed the assigned readings before
attending class and actively participate in discussions.
To facilitate great class discussions, students must submit an email
review of selected papers 8:59am before the lecture for
which the paper is assigned.
Late reviews will not be accepted and the time
is based on when the email is received, not sent.
I encourage students are encouraged to form study groups to discuss
the papers before writing their reviews,
but each student must write their own independent review.
Reviews should be emailed to both Prof. Mark Hill (markhill) and TA Jayaram Bobba (bobba) with:
- Subject: 757 Review Author1 Year
(e.g., 757 Review Sutter 2005)
- The ASCII body of the message (NOT an attachment; NOT HTML) should
be 20 to 40 lines (maximum 3200 characters) with:
- a short summary of the paper (e.g., problem & proposed solution).
- identification of a point that should be emphasized in lecture.
- an exam question based on this paper.
Reviews will be graded on a scale of Excellent (10 points), Satisfactory (7
points), and Unsatisfactory (3 points). Most reviews will get a 7.
Reviews that are too long will
automatically receive an Unsatisfactory grade.
Review schedule is on lecture page.