Department of Computer Science
University of Wisconsin
1210 W. Dayton Dr.
Madison, WI-53705, USA
(608) 262 5596
Fax: (608) 262 9777
Research - (General) Topics of Interest:
- Semantic Integration and Data Integration
- Management and Querying Data in Structured (RDBMS), Semi-structured (Web) and Unstructured (Text) Data Sources
- Mayssam Sayyadian, Hieu LeKhac, AnHai Doan, Luis Gravano, Efficient Keyword Search across Heterogeneous Relational Databases, ICDE-07. (ICDE07 Talk - Extended Slides)
- Deepak Agarwal, Andrei Z. Broder, Deepayan Chakrabarti, Dejan Diklic, Vanja Josifovski, Mayssam Sayyadian, Estimating Rates of Rare Events at Multiple Resolutions, KDD-07. (KDD07 Talk - Video: Deepayan's talk at KDD07)
- Yoonkyong Lee, Mayssam Sayyadian, AnHai Doan, Arnon Rosenthal, eTuner: Tuning Schema Matching Software Using Synthetic Scenarios, VLDB Journal Special Issue, Best Papers of VLDB-05. September, 2006.
- AnHai Doan, Raghu Ramakrishnan, Fei Chen, Pedro DeRose, Yoonkyong Lee, Robert McCann, Mayssam Sayyadian, Warren Shen, Community Information Management, IEEE Data Engineering Bulletin - Special Issue on Probabilistic Databases, 29(1) 2006.
- Mayssam Sayyadian, Yoonkyong Lee, AnHai Doan, Arnon Rosenthal, Tuning Schema Matching Software using Synthetic Scenarios, 31st International Conference on Very Large Databases (VLDB'05), Trondheim, Norway, 2005. (slides - poster )
- Mayssam Sayyadian, Azadeh Shakery, AnHai Doan, and ChengXiang Zhai, Toward Entity Retrieval over Structured and Text Data, SIGIR's Workshop on the Integration of Information Retrieval and Databases (WIRD'04), Sheffield, 2004. (slides)
- J. Habibi, M. Ahmadi, A. Nouri, M. Sayyadian, and M. M. Nevissi, "Implementing Heterogeneous Agents in Dynamic Environments, a Case Study in RoboCupRescue". International Conference on Multiagent System Technologies, Germany. 2003: 95-104.
- M. Sayyadian, "Study and Evaluation of Multimedia Descriptors according to MPEG-7 for Semantic Modeling and its applications in Multimedia Databases", B.Sc. Thesis, 2003
- M. Ahmadi, M. Sayyadian, J. Habibi, "A Learning Method for Evaluating Messages in Multi-agent systems", in Proceedings of the Agent Communication Languages and Conversation Policies, AAMAS'02 Workshop, Italy, Bologna, 2002.
- M. Ahmadi, M. Sayyadian, H. R. Rabiee, "A Coalition Formation for Task Allocation via Genetic Algorithms", in Proceedings of The First Eurasian Conference on Advances in Information and Communication Technology (EurAsia-ICT 2002), Springer Verlag.
- J. Habibi, M. Ahmadi, A. Nouri, M. Sayyadian, M. M. Nevisi, "Utilizing Different Multi-agent Methods in RoboCup-Rescue Simulation", in Proceedings of the RoboCup-2002 Symposium, Fukuoka, Japan, 2002.