PPT97: Embedded AVI File Plays in Window Rather Than Full Screen
The information in this article applies to:
Microsoft PowerPoint 97 for Windows
When you embed a Windows .avi file as a Media Player object in a
PowerPoint presentation, it plays in a window instead of full screen,
even if you select the Full Screen option. To see the Full Screen
option, click Multimedia Properties in Control Panel, and then click
the Video tab.
This behavior occurs even if the Play In Client Document option is
turned off in the media player properties.
There are three ways to make a media clip object play full-screen in a
show. Method 3 is the only one you can use with Windows NT.
Method 1: Insert the Media Clip as an Icon
- On the Insert menu, click Object.
- In the Object Type list, click Media Clip.
- Select the Display As Icon check box, and then click OK.
- On the File menu, click Open.
- Select the desired .avi file, and then click Open.
- On the Device menu, click Properties.
- Click Full Screen.
- Click OK.
- On the File menu, click Exit And Return. Click Yes to update the
This creates an icon on your slide. When you click this icon
during the slide show, the Media Clip will play full-screen.
Method 2: Use Interactive Settings to Play the Media Clip
- Create or select a drawing object, such as a rectangle.
- On the Tools menu, click Interactive Settings.
- Click Run Program.
- Type the path to Mplayer.exe followed by the path to the
.avi file you want to play, like this example:
- Click OK.
When you run your slide show and click the rectangle, the Media
Clip plays full-screen.
Method 3: Resize the .avi File to Fill the Screen
- On the Insert menu, click Movie.
- Select the desired .avi file, and then click OK.
- Use the resize handles to enlarge the movie until it is
the same size as your slide.
- On the Edit menu, point to Video Clip Object, and then click
- On the Edit menu, click Options.
- Click to clear the Control Bar On Playback and the Border Around
Object check boxes.
- Click the gray area outside the slide to exit.
The media clip should now play in full screen instead of in a
window. The size of the object in the screen is dependent on the
These instructions apply only to embedded Video for Windows files. Media
Player can embed media objects of any type for which a Media Control
Interface (MCI) driver is installed in Control Panel.
Each type of media has a different set of options. To locate the
options, click the Edit or Device menu in Media Player.
Additional query words:
8.00 power point powerpt audio visual winppt interleave ppt8 8.0
Keywords : kbole kbusage
Issue type : kbprb
Technology : kbPowerPtSearch kbPowerPt97 kbPowerPt97Search