Hello! I am a graduate student pursuing Masters in Computer Science at University of Wisconsin Madison. I am passionate about solving problems through technology.
- Three years of work experience as a Software Engineer.
- Experience in Cloud engineering, Mobile app development, RESTful and web-services, Agile methodologies, and software testing.
Built a system that shows real-time bus location and predicts arrival time using machine learning techniques.
The work featured in The Hindu national newspaper and few other dailies. Invited by Minister of Transportation, Tamil Nadu to present the project to the advisory panel.
- Developing a log monitoring and analysis engine that identifies the source of error on failures.
- Improved the monitoring of service from automatically detecting anomalies in the log data.
- Using MapReduce scaled the service to handle 10k logs every minute.
- Experience in full stack, Android application development and Cloud Engineering.
- Owned and developed a Cloud micro-service that initiates software upgrades in mobile devices.
- Implemented auto-deployment, scaling, and monitoring of cloud service in OpenStack.
- Designed and developed Android UI and end to end functionality for TV library traversal, content restriction.
- Built a RESTful web service with MongoDB as a backend to simulate any cloud service.
- "Top contributor" award; Supported geo-distributed teams in debugging and troubleshooting issues.
- Implemented caching strategy to reduce the overall response time of the server by 20% for multiple features.
- Designed and developed in an agile environment following test-driven approach.
- Developed a cross-platform automation end to end test framework that significantly reduced regressions.
Developed an Android mobile application that shows traffic density through a route using the crowd-sourced data and suggests the best alternative route.
Co-author, "CloudMatcher: A Hands-Off Cloud/Crowd Service for Entity Matching." VLDB demonstration (2018). A cloud service that offers Entity Matching and Machine Learning as a service.
Designed and built a mapping layer for faster reads and writes of a JSON object in PostgreSQL.
Implemented ID3 decision tree, Naïve Bayes classifier, Neural Network with back propagation for classification problems.
Developed a module that extracts entities along with meta-data from multiple websites and performed Entity Matching..
Improved clustering by approximating the term frequency matrix as non-negative vectors, and hence eliminating subtractive basis.
Built a Search Engine for Information retrieval based on the Entities and Attributes. Improved Entity Recognition using the meta-data and rules, and implemented similarity index to rank the pages.
Implemented a prototype of Recommendation Engine by applying Collaborating filtering on a million dataset of user's search and view history. Awarded first prize in Innovation challenge held at Cisco.
Designed and built a system that predicts why a particular keyword is trending in social media. Given a keyword, it crawls through all the news websites and searches for the matching event.
Designed and built an Android application that automates the bill pay on receiving the payment notification(SMS/e-bill) from the biller. This was developed as part of Hackathon organised by ICICI bank.
Designed and built an Android application that lets the user to share the rides with friends through social media apps.
Honors & Awards
- Regional finalist in National Level Programming Contest, NLPC'12
- Workshops on Android Application development.
- National merit scholarship(2010-2014).
- Taught Programming and Data structure course to College students.
- Cisco Security expert -Green belt.
- 'Best out-going student' award.
I'm a movie buff. I strongly believe Memento, Prestige, and Fight Club are some of the best movies ever made.
I have super power of ..... huh! forgetting things easily.
In my free time, I love reading about Astrophysics.