Stuff I like:
Sleep: The most underrated activity on earth. They
The early bird catches the worm.
I interpret this
adage to be one that strongly urges the worm to stay in bed.
The only real sport on earth. The rest is
all Nintendo. For scores, stats, match-reports, etc., the
happening place is
Books I've read recently:
(*, **, ***, et cetera, obviously, are ratings)
- Swimming Lessons - Rohinton Mistry **
- Arranged Marriage - Chitra Divakaruni
- Such a long journey - Rohinton Mistry ***
- Cosmicomics - Italo Calvino ***
- The Unconsoled - Kazuo Ishiguro ****!!
- Vineland - Thomas Pynchon ***
- Delhi - Khushwant Singh **
- The Great Indian Novel - Shashi Tharoor ***
- The Raj - Geeta Mehta **
- The Name of The Rose - Umberto Eco **
- Tamas - Bhisham Sahni **
- Bombay Talkie - Ameena Meer
- The Information - Martin Amis **
- Good omens - Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett **
- The Moor's Last Sigh - Salman Rushdie ***
- Chronicle of a death foretold - Gabriel Garcia Marquez ***
- Love in the time of cholera - Gabriel Garcia Marquez **
- Under the frog - Tibor Fischer ***
- Wife - Bharati Mukherjee (Ewww)
- The Thought Gang - Tibor Fischer ****!!
- Love, stars, and all that - Kirin Narayan ***
- One hundred years of solitude - Gabriel Garcia Marquez ****
- Deathbird stories - Harlan Ellison **
- Success - Martin Amis *
- London Fields - Martin Amis ****
- The River Sutra - Gita Mehta **
- East, West - Salman Rushdie ***
- A son of the circus - John Irving *
- Money - Martin Amis **
Writing: (postscript versions of some of my own BS)
Scotch-and-Soda: The eye opener.
Some links here.
Travelogue-links to appear here.