Computer Sciences Department
University of Wisconsin
(608) 890-0019 (Office)
(608) 262-1204 (Department)
(608) 262-9777 (Fax)
1. Resume (pdf)
2. Journal papers
S. Rubin, I. D. Alderman M. K. Vernon, “Foundation for intrusion prevention,” In PIK - Practice in Information Processing and Communication, 4(04), December,2004.
3. Refereed conference and workshop papers
S. Rubin, M. Christodorescu, V. Ganapathy, J. Giffin, N. Kidd, L. Kruger, and H. Wang “Anomaly Detection as a Reputation System for Online Auctioning,” In the 12nd ACM Conference on computer and Communication Security, (Alexandria, 2005) (pdf).
S. Rubin, S.
Jha, B. P. Miller, “Automatic generation and
analysis of NIDS attacks,” In the Annual Computer Security
Applications Conference (
S. Rubin, I. D. Alderman, D. W. Parter M. K. Vernon, “Foundation for intrusion prevention (extended abstract),” In Workshop on Detection of Intrusions and Malware & Vulnerability Assessment (Dortmund, Germany, July 2004) (pdf).
S. Rubin, R. Bodik, T. Chilimbi, “An efficient profile-analysis framework for data layout optimizations,” In the 29th Annual Symposium on Principles of Programming Language (Portland, OR, January 2002) (pdf).
Brian A. Fields, S. Rubin, R. Bodik, “Focusing Processor Policies via Critical-Path Prediction,” In the 28th Annual Intl. Symposium on Computer Architecture (Göteborg, Sweden, June 2001) (ps).
S. Rubin, D. Bernstein, M. Rodeh, “Virtual cache line: A new technique to improve cache exploitation for recursive data structures,” In the 8th International Conference on Compiler Construction (Amsterdam, The Netherlands, March 1999) (pdf).
S. Rubin, M. Levinger, R. Pratt, W. Moore, “Fast construction of test-program generators for digital signal processors,” In the International Conference on Acoustics, Speech, and Signal Processing (Phoenix, AZ, March 1999).
4. Technical Reports
S. Rubin, S.
Jha, and B. P. Miller. Attack
generation for NIDS testing using natural deduction. Tech. Rep.
5. Online presentations
1. “Language-based generation and evaluation of NIDS signatures”, IEEE 2005.
2. “Automatic generation and analysis of NIDS attacks”, ACSAC 2004.
3. “Foundation for intrusion prevention”, DIMVA 2004.
4. “On the (Im)possibility of Obfuscating Programs”, Security Seminar Fall 2003.
6. “An Efficient Profile-Analysis Framework for Data-Layout Optimizations”, POPL 2002.
7. “Virtual cache line: A new technique to improve cache exploitation for recursive data structures” , Compiler Construction 1999
8. “Topological tools for understanding distributed computing “(Seminar in Computer Science 236806 - Winter 98/99)