Broad experience with a wide range of applications, protocols, operating systems, and users. Strong ability to communicate with users of all levels of technical expertise. Proven ability and desire to learn.
B.S. - Computer Science, University of Wisconsin (1995) 3.285 GPA
Strong background in C++, C, HTML, and Pascal. Experience with Assembly, Prolog, Lisp, ML, Scheme, Fortran, and Perl.
Advanced coursework includes: Programming Languages and Compilers, Theory and Design of Programming Languages, Operating Systems, Artificial Intelligence.
Heurikon Corporation, LAN Administrator/Programmer (5/95 - Present)
Computer Systems Lab, System Administrator/Programmer (11/93 - 8/95)
- Perform network troubleshooting in a complex network environment. Maintain connectivity of broad range of workstations (Solaris, HP-UX, IRIX, Linux, Ultrix, AIX, Windows) and protocols (TCP/IP, IPX, Appletalk). Assisted in upgrade of 10base2 campus backbone topology to 10baseT and 100baseT with a central wiring closet.
- Administer UNIX systems. Control security levels on ProIV database system running Chess on an HP/9000. Troubleshoot printers, user accounts, NFS, and general connectivity. Write scripts and install packages as needed. Assist users to complete their computing tasks in engineering, accounting, manufacturing, sales, and management.
- Upgraded Novell server to 4.1. Installed Novell backup software and integrated it with existing UNIX backups. Wrote ISO-9001 procedures to document backup process. Led project to install Novell/NFS, resulting in increased connectivity and productivity for engineers and others.
- Administer modem dial-in pools. Configure accounts. Install and support PPP/SLIP software for Windows 3.1, Windows 95, Macintosh, and UNIX. Troubleshoot and provide support for remote users.
- Led project to convert internal documentation from proprietary word processing format to HTML.
- Rated "superior" on performance review (2/96).
- Led project to install new Novell servers. Planned configuration and supervised deployment. Configured student and teaching assistant accounts in a Windows environment. Maintained server and integrated backups into standard UNIX backup schedule. Coordinated with professors and teaching assistants to evaluate and provide appropriate application software.
- Provided support for Madison Middle School 2000. Configured email for staff and students. Assisted staff in answering questions and troubleshooting problems.
- Supervised backups for machines maintained by the CSL. Led and assisted in UNIX orientations. Designed interface to backup Macintoshes via UNIX. Assisted in upgrades and swaps of workstations. Monitored lab mail for questions and problems.
ProIV Technical Environment, Introduction to ProIV, Advanced ProIV (7/95)