Suman Banerjee received his PhD in Computer Science from
University of Maryland
in 2003 and joined the faculty of University of Wisconsin-Madison.
He is the winner of the ACM SIGMOBILE Rockstar Award in 2013 (awarded for early career achievements in the field of mobile computing and wireless networking). He is currently serving as the chair of ACM SIGMOBILE (since July 2013).
He received an NSF Career Award in 2008.
I lead the WIsconsin WIreless and NetworkinG Systems (WiNGS) Laboratory.
Research in the WiNGS lab is conducted in the areas of networking and distributed
systems with a primary focus on wireless and mobile networking.
Also feel free to browse
some of our recent publications for
A significant focus of my current research is in mobile computing and wireless networking.
Select recent research projects (More detailed research snapshot --- October 2011):
Some prior projects: CENTAUR | Modeling partial overlap | NICE overlay multicast
Description of my research work (April 2004)
SONIC simulator |
myns (P2P) simulator |
NICE appl. layer
multicast + PRM enhancements (freeBSD)
- Program chair, ACM CellNet 2013:
(Deadline: March 27, 2013)
- Program chair, IEEE SECON, 2012:
Call for papers (Deadline December 8, 2011)
- Program chair, ACM MobiCom, 2010.
- Program chair, ACM MobiHeld, 2009.
- Program chair,
WiMESH, Workshop on Wireless Mesh Networks, 2008.
- Program chair, DIALM-POMC Workshop, 2005: Call for papers (Deadline extended to June 5, 2005)
- Students poster and SRC chair, ACM MobiCom, 2009.
- Student poster and demo chair, IEEE SECON, 2009.
- Workshops chair, ACM Sigcomm, 2008.
- Research demo chair, ACM MobiCom, 2007.
- Tutorial chair, ACM Sigmetrics, 2007.
- Workshops Chair, ACM MobiCom, 2005: List of Workshops
- Workshops Chair, Wireless Internet Conference (WICON), 2006.
- PC Member, ACM MobiCom,
- PC Member, ACM Sigcomm, 2009.
- PC Member, ACM MobiSys, 2009.
- PC Member, ACM Sigmetrics, 2007-2009.
- PC Member, IEEE Infocom 2005, 2007-2009.
- PC Member, ACM WiSec 2008-2010.
- PC Member, ACM MobiHoc,
- PC Member, IEEE SECON:
IEEE Communications Society Conference on
Sensor and Ad Hoc Communications and Networks, 2004-2006.
- PC Member,
CoNEXT: Conference on Future Networking Technologies, 2006.
- PC Member, ACM WinTECH:
Workshop on Wireless Network Testbeds, Experimental Evaluation and Characterization,
- PC Member, ACM MobiVirt:
The Workshop on Virtualization in Mobile Computing, 2008.
- PC Member, PAM: Workshop on Passive and Active Measurements, 2005, 2007.
- PC Member, ICDCS: The 26th International Conference on
Distributed Computing Systems, 2006.
- PC Member, WiTMeMo'05:
International Workshop on Wireless Traffic Measurements and Modeling, 2005.
- PC Member, HiPC'04: International Conference on High Performance Computing, 2004.
- PC Member, ICPP'04: International Conference on Parallel Processing, 2004.
|Last updated Oct 2003