Angela joined the Computer Sciences Dept. in January 2007. She enjoys the opportunities her position provides
to interact with a culturally diverse group of students and faculty.She has an undergraduate degree in Biological Aspects of Conservation from UW-Madison
and an MS in Aquatic Ecology from George Mason University.
Her previous work experience includes:
- Park Ranger/Naturalist for the National Park Service and Virginia State Parks
- Executive Director of an environmental nonprofit
- Manager of a squid database at the Smithsonian NMNH
- Field Biologist
- Volunteer ESL Tutor and Tutor Trainer
Angela is in charge of administrative duties related to:
- Graduate admissions
- C.S. graduate & undergraduate student questions regarding university
and department policies and procedure
- Ph.D. qualifying exams, preliminary exams, and final oral exams
- Undergraduate c.s. major declarations
- Graduate students declaring a second major in c.s.
- Student files & databases
Angela's leisure interests include:
- Being in or on the water
- Jogging, Biking, Hiking, "Botanizing"
- Working and contemplating in her organic garden at Eagle Heights
- Creating new recipes and cooking for friends and family
- Songwriting, Music(all kinds)
- Volunteering as a Big Sister