I am an outgoing and energetic fourth year student, double majoring in Computer Science and
Computer Engineering. I'm interested in a wide variety of subjects and love to take on new
problems. I've spent the past two summers in the Bay Area working with start-ups. I am currently
seeking a Summer 2014 postion either in the US or Europe.
University of Wisconsin - Madison
B.S. Computer Science
B.S. Computer Engineering
Expected graduation: May 2015
Repustate Intern - San Francisco, CA (remote) - 06/13 - present
- Repustate specializes in machine learning technology and multilingual social media analytics
- Publish white papers highlighting interesting trends or insights from social media
- Keywords: sentiment analysis, data mining, machine learning
AVOS Intern at zeen.com|del.icio.us - San Francisco, CA - Summer 2012
- Worked directly with YouTube co-founders Chad Hurley and Steven Chen on a daily basis
- Helped launch Zeen.com and contributed to a redesign of del.icio.us
- Assisted in the formation and growth of a startup incubator
Rising Sun Energy Services Intern - Berkeley, CA - Summer 2012
- Designed and implemented a social outreach plan around the SF Bay area
DoIT Student Devoloper - Madison, WI - 08/11 - present
- Collect and analyze data regarding technology usage on campus
- Assess and recommend plans for technology implementation around campus/li>
- Test and evaluate new software for the University of Wisconsin system
Experimental Aircraft AssociationSecurity Infrastructure - Oshkosh, WI - 2008 - 2010
- Oversaw the operation of security surveillance in a high-pressure environment
Best BuyCounter Intelligence Agent - Appleton, WI - 2011
- Repaired computer hardware and software for Geek Squad
- Communicated with stores and corporate regarding repair understructure
Do Fans Matter?
I authored a white paper pursuing the hypothesis of media sentiment affecting team performance.
Yelp Recommendation System
Using item-to-item collaborative filtering, I helped to build a recommendation system using Yelp's academic dataset.
Spam Classification with a Naïve Bayes Classifier
Built a naïve Bayes classifier to classify spam SMS.
Embedded word k-NN Classifier
Built a k-Nearest Neighbor classifier in Java.
Decision Tree for German Credit Ratings
A Java implementation of a decision tree to predict good or bad credit.
Created and deployed a Twitter clone on Heroku using Redis and bottle.py.
Built a command line interpreter in C.
Demand paging system
Designed a fully functional demand paged virtual memory system.
Software RAID manager
Implemented a software RAID manager in C.
Designed a calculator in Objective-C using Xcode.
Stanford University: Workshop on Algorithms for Modern Massive Data Sets
Algorithmic and statistical challenges in modern large-scale data analysis.
- Python, Java, C, Thumb-2 (ARM), MIPS Assembly