This page is here to provide access to my CS766 final project. The
purpose of my project was to implement an existing texture synthesis
algorithm, Image Quilting, and to extend it to improve the quality of
the output texture.
The main thing to see here is the project's paper. You could also look at the PowerPoint slides for a very brief talk I gave during development. I would like to provide links tothe many result images, but I don't have time to write up a
description for each. See my paper for result images.
- Here is my Java implementation of Image Quilting
and my extensions.
- Here is my Java implementation of the 1999
Efros and Leung algorithm that Image Quilting is based on.
- To use either, you need the Java Imaging Utilities tool kit.
The three most important background papers:
- A. A. Efros and W. T. Freeman, "Image Quilting for Texture Synthesis and Transfer", SIGGRAPH 01
- A. A. Efros and T. K. Leung, "Texture Synthesis by Non-parametric Sampling", ICCV 99
- L. Liang, C. Liu, Y. Xu, B. Guo, and H.-Y. Shum. "Real-time texture synthesis by patch-based sampling". Technical Report MSR-TR-2001-40, Microsoft Research, March 2001.
Here are some places to download textures: