Nicholas Robert Vavra
- Objective: Launch my career in software engineering. Prefered areas include application development and database systems.
- Work Experience: (complete history available upon request)
- Teaching Assistant at the CompSci Dept, UW-Madison.
08/02 to 05/03 and 08/01 to 05/02.
Leading discussion sections to supplement large lectures.
Developing lessons and programming assignments.
Participating in course management and grading.
Contact: Debra Deppeler, Course Coordinator,
- Wireless Software Developer at Trace R&D Center.
05/02 to 08/02.
Prototyping for a device accessibility standard being developed.
Learning about accessibility issues.
Participating in development conferences for the standard.
Harmonizing the standard with web services concepts and standards.
Contact: Gottfried Zimmerman, Project Manager,
- Student Technical at Unisys Corporation.
05/01 to 08/01.
Developing a database backed applet as a project management tool.
Participating in team design work. Programming new system components.
Increasing efficiency and readability of existing code.
Eliciting user requirements. Providing progress reports and demos.
Contact: Unisys HR, 651-635-7769.
- MS in Computer Science from the University of Wisconsin (Madison, WI).
Graduated in May 2003 with a 3.8 cumulative GPA.
- BS in Computer Science from Michigan State University (E Lansing, MI).
Degree includes a cognate in Business.
Graduated with Honors from the Honors College in May 2001.
Cumulative undergraduate GPA: 3.8.
- High School Diploma from Roseville Area High School (Roseville, MN).
Graduated with Honors in June 1997. High School cumulative GPA: 3.9.
- Computer Courses:
Object Oriented Programming;
Software Engineering x 3;
Databases x 2;
Operating Systems x 2;
AI x 3;
Algorithms and Data Structures;
Multimedia; Graphics; Compilers;
Computer Game Design; Vision;
- Computer Skills / Languages / Buzzwords:
C/C++; Java; LISP; Prolog; Perl;
PHP; JSP; HTML; XML; OpenGL; SQL; JDBC; Jini; UML.
Windows and Unix platforms.
- Proud to be an Eagle Scout, BSA.