I graduated from UW-Madison with a Ph.D. in Computer Science in August 2007.
Here is a copy of my CV.
My home page at IISc usually contains an up-to-date listing of
The IISc/CSA and UW-Madison connection
Since its inception in 1969, the Department of Computer Science and Automation
(CSA) at the Indian Institute of Science (IISc) can count, as of 2019,
ten UW-Madison alumni on its faculty at various points in time:
Credits for compiling the list: Jayant Haritsa.
- Vaidyeswaran Rajaraman: Ph.D. 1961 (ECE), advisor Prof. Vincent Rideout.
- I. G. Sarma: Ph.D. 1964 (ECE), I. G. Sarma was the
founding chairman of IISc/CSA.
- K. Gopinath: M.S. 1980 (CS), advisor: Prof. Charles Fischer. (K. Gopinath
went on to Stanford to obtain his Ph.D. in 1988, advised by Prof. John
- Matthew Jacob Thazhuthaveetil: Ph.D. 1986 (CS), advisor: Prof. Andrew Plezkun.
- Jayant Haritsa: Ph.D. 1991 (CS), advisor: Prof. Miron Livny.
- Sriram Vajapeyam: Ph.D. 1991 (CS), advisor: Prof. Gurindar Sohi. (with
IISc/CSA until 2000).
- Raghavan Komondoor: Ph.D. 2003 (CS), advisor: Prof. Susan Horwitz.
- Vinod Ganapathy: Ph.D. 2007 (CS), advisor: Prof. Somesh Jha.
- Siddharth Barman: Ph.D. 2012 (CS), advisor: Prof. Shuchi Chawla.
- Arkaprava Basu: Ph.D. 2013 (CS), advisor: Prof. Mark Hill.
When I joined IISc in 2017, I was one of seven UW-Madison CS alumni on
the IISc CSA
faculty (out of 30). That made IISc/CSA the largest gathering of
UW-Madison CS alumni in any academic department worldwide!
Weather at places I've called home
|Bangalore (2017 onwards):
|Piscataway, NJ (2007-2017):
|Madison, WI (2001-2007):