Re: Looking for inform. on poverty alleviation.

On Tue, 25 Feb 1997, Nguyen Toan Quoc wrote:

> I'm desperately looking for information on "Poverty alleviation and
> elimination" programs in Vietnam". However as my friends told me this
> kind of informaition is extremely difficult to obtain. I would be very
> grateful if anybody can tell me where to find it.

G'day,

The following book may contains some information you need:

TITLE        Poverty in Vietnam / ADUKI Pty Ltd.
PUBLISHED    Canberra : [s.n.], 1995.
DESCRIPT     1 v. (various pagings)
NOTE         "19 April 1995"
             "A report for SIDA"
SUBJECT      Poverty -- Vietnam.
             Economic assistance, Swedish -- Vietnam.
             Vietnam -- Social conditions.
ADD AUTHOR   ADUKI Pty Ltd.
             Sweden. Styrelsen for internationell utveckling.
BRU INT      2mlh.
OTHER        a-vt---

(The book has been translated into Vietnamese:
AUTHOR       Aduki.
TITLE        Van de ngheo o Viet Nam : luu hanh noi bo.
PUBLISHED    Ha Noi : Chinh Tri Quoc Gia.
However, as it is "for internal use only" (lu+u ha`nh no^.i bo^.), I
am not sure if it can be obtained easily.)

If your uni library does not have the books, you can still borrow them
through inter-library loan.

Hope that helps,

Ho Ngoc Duc			    URL:    http://arp.anu.edu.au
ARP, RSISE			    Phone:  +61-6-279-8608
Australian National University	    Fax:    +61-6-279-8602
Canberra, ACT 0200		    Email:  duc@cisr.anu.edu.au