Re: Beer is good for you (fwd) and smoking

Hello folks,

	I am not sure (if not to say doubtful) whether
beer is good for you, but I do hear and read that red
wine is good for your health in general. My own research
and my colleagues' works here and a body of credible
medical literature indicate that MODERATE intake of red
wine seems to (a) prolong your life; (b) make your bone
stronger and (c) reduce the risk of cardiovascular
diseases.

	The problem is that drinking almost always goes
with smoking. Smoking IS, on the other hand, bad for
your health. Despite some ludicrous claims, smoking
definitely has deleterious effects on almost every organ
in your body. It is no wonder that we have medical
societies which are friendly to the wine industry, but
not to the tobacco industry.

	The sad fact is that multinational tobacco
companies, while have been "chased" by Western
governments, are increasingly setting their market base
in countries like Vietnam and China. I feel even sicker
after seeing our national tobacco company join in
welcoming them to our soil. These multinational
companies are trying exploit our social habits and
introduce a very deadly agent to our population.

	Sometimes, I am wondering whether our ancestors
knew something which we don't when they said "Nam vo^
tu+?u nhu+ ky` vo^ phong". However, by now we do know
that "ddie^'u thuo^'c la` dda^`u ca^u chuye^.n" is no
longer appropriate.

	T V Nguyen