Re: Anyone in Paris, France?

Hi,

> I wonder if anyone in our list is in Paris, France? I'll have to wait
> at Charles de Gaulle airport for 24 (or 36) hours on 1 April. Is there

Why dont ask your colleague P. H. Giang about Paris? He knows quite a few
people from IOIT in Paris.

> at Charles de Gaulle airport for 24 (or 36) hours on 1 April. Is there
> anything worth seeing in Paris? Anyone knows how to get to the city
> from the airport? Any tip/suggestion very appreciated.

My advice is not go to Paris waisting your money :-) La Tour Eiffel
will be closed on that day. Le Louvre will also not open for foreigners
in April.  Practically everthing in the city will be closed on the day
you arrive in Paris.  However, I was told that on 1 April 1997 at
Charles de Gaulle Airport there will be a Gigantic Gala / Dancing Party
for all passengers and les Parisiens. They all come to the airport to
attend the party. French fromage (La vache rit?) are free but beer and
alcohol drink not.

Have a great time!
VH
PS. my real tip :-)