NGOs & Scholarships

Hi AnHai, there's no need for such overly critical view. Anyhow, I know
of these channels for those interested in helping/contributing:

On scholarships to Univ. students back in Vietnam

1. Nguyen Truong To scholarship via VN-Help
2. Scholarship to Phu Tho students.

On teachers and school sponsorship:

The Lasan group sponsors teachers teaching at a New Economic Zone school
in the Central Region. FYI, Lasan is a Catholics school system, and its
founding priest Lasalle was (according to anh Le Tran Tuan-Trung's
research) the person that came up with the first dictionary, or sumthin'
like that.

On orphanages, I have one contact.

On woman co-ops helping former prostitutes and/or women at risk, I know
of anh Thuyen Nguyen (thuyen@digex.net) who can offer details on his NGO
effort there.

Best,
KyAnh

Hi folks, while I offer my sincere congratulations to Kim-Anh Pham and
his/her friends on their efforts to establish a Scholarship Fund for
needy Vietnamese Students in VN (see below), I am a bit embarassed that
we -- mostly people belonging to the elite class of today VN -- have
just been sitting around and talking -- about the same issue -- but
haven't been able to get anything done, perhaps not the smallest
concrete thing ....