ED-TV

ED-TV???...

Yea :) and it stands for... Education Television! :))
It's a dream I keep having for the last two years every
time I think about the future of VN's children.

I think using television as a medium for education
is logical and practical, especially when the target
audience is made up mainly of children.  As television
reaches more households, the returns can grow exponentially
for the same amount of effort and original investment.

I can imagine giving teachers a relief by substituting
lectures with videos on various subjects for their
students (and them) to watch. I can envision using it
as a teachers' training tool as well. Someone mentioned
a while back that there's not enough interest paid to
(or support for) the natural sciences in VN's education.
Wouldn't something like this help? Or am I being too
optimistic (again, as usual :)?

Any suggestions on how we can help bring high-quality
educational programmes to VN's airwaves and schools?

Any advice against it?? :)))

Ian