Yes, Speaking of Noise

Peter Donahoe@RBS
03/05/97 03:46 PM

On Monday, KyAnh wrote:

     Sorry for the noise, but a short note to wish a happy birthday    to a most
wonderful contributor of Vn-Forum, and fellow           vnsa-lister, someone who
has taught and shared with me a great    deal in terms of ideas and viewpoints
on Vietnam and Vietnamese     :))))) Someone who has great passion and
compassion in helping    our fellow Viet refugees resettling in the U.S.

Why do I get the feeling he is about to ask me for something?  You know I DO
recognize this particular tone of voice, it's the same in any language..  ;-)

     I hope to be forgiven for this indulgence :)))) Happy 64, Pete    ..
hihihihi ...

Oh Holy Smokes!!!  Not only have I now received birthday greetings from people I
do not know, I've received compliments from people on my apparent
"youthfulness".  They said they never would have guessed I was as old as 64...
One person thought I was no older than 46...  One fellow told me he is surprised
I am still working at my age.  I'm surprised no one sent me coupons for
geriatric diapers.

My MOTHER is 64 years old...

I can't begin to express the effect this all has on a fellow on his birthday,
but for KyAnh, I'll find a way....  ;-)))

     May the best of the very best be yours always. Sincerely,

Ooooh, I can't make out those last words.  My eyes are going, you know...  First
it was root canal, then dentures, then the truss and the wooden leg, now it's
the eyes.

KyAnh, I sure hope that when you're 64 you look and feel as good as I do now.
At least I'm not 35 (bam lam) anymore...  ;-)

Pete