Dire Straits

Dear friends,

<<< My beloved songs include "Telegraph Road", "Romeo and
Juliet" (no, not that famous tune!), "Sultans of Swing", "Private
Investigation" and "Your Last Trick". >>>

Me too. And I would add "Brother in Arms". In fact, all the songs in
"Money for Nothing" are very good. If you only buy one DS album, buy
this one. "Six Blade Knife" in "Communique" is good too. The problem
with DS albums is that it seems like at least 1/3 of the songs
in each album appear on other albums, so you feel like you have
to pay for the same song many times :-(. "Money for Nothing", excellent
album that it is,  has been dubbed money for nothing for Dire Straits.

<<<Recommended albums: "Money for Nothing"
'88 (this is a compilation of their major works), "Alchemy" '84 (a perfect
live album!), "Love Over Gold" '82, and of course, "Brothers in Arms" '85.
These albums should be accessible anywhere in the world.>>>

Brothers in Arms was at the time when CD was taking off in Britain.
The opening of the song Money for Nothing was favourite for salesmen
and new CD owners to show off the capability of CD. There is a piece
of statistic from a market research organisation that at one point
there is a BiA CD album for every CD player in Britain. BiA was THE
album for the 80s' yuppies.

Huy