Shankar/Dan Bau

Hallo,

> I heard the "The answer is blowing in the wind" by Bob Dylan himself
> with guitare and harmonica for the first time in the Concert for Bangladesh.

You meant you watched the Concert for Banladesh LIVE? Wow!!! This was a
very famous event in the rock history. Where was it and who participated?
(I read about it long time ago, and forgot many things about it).

> Then after MOtR, Abba,... they were pressed to change completely to disco
> music. I think Beatles was lucky to collapse before that and would have
> followed the same way.

That's where the progressive music kicks in! It's a sad fact that many
talented musicians and ambitious projects never achieved the fame and
fortune they well deserved, compared to the mainstream pop bands and
so-called stars. In the music industry, where money talks, talents do not
count.

> Co`n George cu~ng vu*`a ra mo^.t dia~ CD mo*'i, cho*i chung
> vo*'i la.i (guess who?) Ravi Shankar!

George was highly influenced by the Indian music in early 70's. In fact,
Indian music has been an inspiration for many musicians, including
jazz musicians. BTW, Ravi Shankar was really the Indian messenger to the
world of music. He was also the one who introduced a beautiful Indian
musical instrument, the 12-string sitar, to the world. He was even popular
among the rock'n'roll listeners, and had played all the big venues in
late 60's and early 70's, including the Monterey Pop Festival (67),
the Woodstock Festival (69), and the above mentioned Concert for
Bangladesh (71). I wish somebody could do the same thing with our
"dan bau" ...

Cheers,

-Thanh