Re: Xa lo^. Tru*o*`ng So*n

Hi all

I have seen that the controversy discussion about Tru+o+`ng So+n road in
 Quo^'c Ho^.i recently has spilled over to the VNSA as well. It is a
good sign and I feel so good about that that I would like to jump in.

1) About the 5 billion tag:
If you look at the time this road is supposed to be finished you will see
that the money is not that big. Indeed, the road is scheduled for the year
2202, that means the 5 billion will be divided for nearly 25 years.
Each year then about 200 million should be spent. If you look at
the news recently, you would probably see that three guys like
Tran Huu Phuoc ( Is this the name of the guy who got dead penalty lately ?)
could make that amount go up to smoke very easily. Furthermore, the
money do not have to be evenly disbursed which means that the burden for
now, when the economy is weak could be much less.

2) We are very behind comparing with other countries and have no choice
but to play the catch-up game. Looking at the year 2202, I can not image
the country without the second backbone road. This is not solely the question
of development of Ta^y Nguye^n, is also problem of national security,
disaster prevention and disaster alleviation. A national network is
definitely a must. And if we want that in the year 2202, I thick it is
a good idea to start it now rather than later. Anyway, the existing road
still have to be updated. Please be noted that the current Bac-Nam
highway is bad but NOT YET overcrowded.

3) Please remember that we are poor but we have to catch up, that mean
we have to take the risk and have to go out of the beaten track.
Anyway, for the first years, the work will mostly involved labor intensive
cost and for that the army is a good candidate. I myself had served for
2 years in the army and believe me, I know that those guys wouldn't
have anything to do otherwise.

Nguyen N.D.