Re: [Economics]- A journal .../ Setting up a VNSA server

On Thu, 22 May 1997, Nguyen Toan wrote:

> I am so glad to hear from you. Followings are my discussion.
> 1. About the list, I think we have to get somebody who can be the
> organise the list and someone can control its quality and discussion. It
> would be great if we can invite some experienced persons. Ca'c anh co'
> the^? la`m kho^ng? I am willing to do jobs like translating, find good
> articles,...However, to be honest, I only know how to raise my voice. I
> am still too young and inexperieced (so please don't call me "Anh" as it
> would make me embarrassed. :-) ), therefore I am quite reluctant to say
> anything big. Last time I saw some Economic people in our list. Can we
> gather those people? (it seems to me there is one professor of Economics
> in this list? is that correct? )

Hi folks, I wholeheartedly support this economics journal idea. I think
you guys are right in thinking that you must first gather a bunch of
economics people, then set up some sort of small mailing list, and discuss
the issue.

My experience with such "a(n co+m nha` va'c tu` va` ha`ng to^?ng" issues
suggests that the best way to do this is to find someone who will act like
a sort of leader and organizer, just as em Toan said. Without an energetic
organizer, this journal/translation business probably won't go anywhere.

I suggest you contact a number of Vietnam-related lists run by overseas
Vietnamese and Westerners, such as vn-forum, vacets, avsl-l,
southeast-l, etc, and discuss this journal/business idea with
them. I vaguely remember reading about some sort of
Vietnam-related business journal ON-LINE long time ago. Also, there is a
Vietnam-related online mailing list about rice stuff, people on this list
seems to have some sort of rice journal. You can contact them to ask about
their experience.

About setting up a small mailing list for economics folks, I think I and
my fellow admins here at vnsa can offer some technical help in the case
you don't find better mailing-list facilities.

Good luck and best wishes,
Hai.