Re: Children of nobody - to the Admin

Dear netters

Having had nothing to contribute on this, I would like now
to express my best wishes for be' Thu`y Linh and her
parents. Let's keep our fingers crossed that things continue
to go well for her, she still have many obstacles to
overcome. I would like also to congratulate Die^~m Quy`nh
and all the vnsa people who contributed. It was a wonderful
effort.

If anyone even hints that vnsa netters' efforts to help Thuy Linh
were due to her family connections, I would have nothing
but contempt for that person. Having been in vnsa since its
inception, I have no doubt that were Thuy Linh a poor family's
child, the efforts would have been equally wholehearted.

To me, this episode also demonstrated the tremendous power
of the internet for doing good for our country. Just imagine!
If every family had access to the internet, either directly or
indirectly (similar to the extent to which the phone is now
accessible to most city people), how many more lives could
be saved.

I think Wayne (or is it Ian) could have chosen his words
more carefully and it is regrettable that it caused a strong
reaction from Admin. Let's assume that he means well.
I think what the msg meant was that Thuy Linh was lucky
because her family had access to the internet while most Vietnamese
don't. I admire Buu Long's message very much for its frankness and
moderation, and Diem Quynh for her positive reaction.

The Leukemia Support Society idea is good and I hope
it takes off. I wonder also, as an immediate (and inexpensive)
measure, if vnsa could start making its existence known to hospitals
and charitable organisation in VN (both government-run and private)
so that these people know where to go when a desperate case occurs.
Soon regulations for the internet will be finally implemented in VN
and there will be many possible links with the country.

Regards
Tuan Pham