Re: [history] Nu+o+'c non, non nu+o+'c ...[2/?]

Hi ba'c Hie^.p and Vie^.t,

Ba'c Hie^.p dda~ no'i ra^'t hay, tui agree 100% with him. Chi? xin
no'i the^m mo^.t chu't:

> >   A great work. However, you must not refer Keith Taylor and Tran Quoc
> > Vuong as two independent scholars. KT is influenced very strongly by
> > Viet's David Cooperfield.

I do not think that TQV does his scientific affairs a` la DC. He plays
sometimes with speculations but I think that he is aware that those
speculations are just hypotheses. Social science is not quite analogue to
natural science at regard to methods and methodology. BTW, much of TQV's
hypothesis seem very plausible. May be his works are not enuff
"scientific" but that is more or less the state of the art nowadays in
this field of Vietnamese studies.

> >   Can you analyze more about the history of Vietnamese Budhism. I think
> > Thie^`n to^ng was Tie^?u thu`+a. But the Budhism in North VN is mainly
> > Dda.i Thu+`a ( Ti.nh Ddo^. or Ma^.t to^ng).

Thie^`n to^ng belongs to Dda.i thu+`a (Mahayana, or Ba('c to^ng). Tie^?u
thu`a is now officially named Therawada (= original branch) [Nam to^ng]
because Hinayana (Tie^?u thu+`a) sounds somewhat inferiority. IMO,
Mahayana is to the whole Buddhism like the Reformation to Christianity.
The founder of Mahayana was Boddhisattva (Bo^` dde^` dda.t ma). The two
main branches of Mahayana are (Chinese) Mahayana in China, VN, Japan,
Koreea; and Lamaism in Tibet and Mongolia. Ma^.t to^ng is a branch
originated from Tibet, once strong in VN (under Tra^`n dynasty) but now is
tha^'t truye^`n.

I think "Ra dduo+`ng ga(.p Pha^.t gie^'t Pha^.t" belongs to Thie^`n to^ng.
I think moreover that Taoism had a hugh influence upon Mahayana.

Cheers,
La^m.