RE: VN News (May 26, 1997---2)

Hello experts

> <P>But on April 15, six days after the infusion, Huong became short
> of breath and began coughing up blood. He was put on a ventilator.
>
> <P>Doctors didn't know why this was happening.

Can anybody out there tell me what was happening in fact since I did
believe myself that once got proper bone-marrow from his brother, Huong
should have been survived?

> <P>If the bone marrow took and there were no complications, Huong
> would have a 20 percent chance of surviving at least two to five
> more years. Without the transplant, he had no chance at all.

What does it really mean? Once attacked by leukamia, how many percent
chance of surviving by this treatment? And How long their life should
last? Only within 5 years :-(? Does it make sense?

Thanks

Quang Huy