Re: A man of steel

hi,

 As no reference was given I suppose that this was written by Mr.Cong bang.
Would you please give a light to the idea of discussing Staline.

  Let me add few comments:

 1) The love story of Beria:

   Talking of Staline and no words of Beria is like Tam quoc without
Khong Minh. I heard a romantic story of Beria and found it interesting.

   Beria had a habit to drive throght Moscow's street after the midnight.
If he found some good looking woman, he took her home, slept with her and
killed her in the next morning. Once, he found a student girl from Moscow
State University hurrying home. After spending one night with her Beria
changed the habit and decided to marry her ( of course without agreement
from her).
   Upon hearing of Beria execution by Khruchev, Mrs Beria ( the ex-girl
student) had commited suicide. They were not burried in a grief like
Romeo and Juliet.

  2) Lenin's fault helped Staline to keep the power:

   Actually, it was not true that Lenine realized Staline's flaws when he
was about to die.

   Staline was used to fight with the biggest enemy Trotsky. It was
Lenine who gave Staline the opportunity to climb up in order to destroy
Trotsky's power. Lenine thought that Staline was not dangerous as he was
not involved in theoretical issues. It turned out to be not true. Lenine
tried to remove Staline when it was too late. Staline had established his
power.  The last card was the letter to the central Committee, where Staline
was criticized together with all Politburo members including Bukharin,
Trotsky, Zinoviev, Kamenev, Kirov,... It was understandable that the
Politburo agreed with Staline to ban Lenine from the administrative
activities " because of his tate of health".

3) Bukharine:

  Bukharine was used to kill Kamenev and Zinoviev, as well as the formers
were used to avoid  Trotsky. In fact, Staline did not directly attact
any of them.

  So it was a litle bit more understandable why Bukharine, Kamenev and
Zinoviev accepted their crimes. When the Central Committee wanted to
prosecute Bukharine, Staline said " Do you want the blood of Comarade
Bukharine? No, Bukharine is a ggod Comarade I can guarantee"...
And Bukharine admited his crimes and was killed short after.

4) Staline's willingness to sacrify people:

  This is a wrong comment influenced by the Western Propaganda. Nobody
was so foolish. Staline needed people for his dream to establish his
Empire. The bravery of Red Army soldiers were always interpreted as
the willingness to sacrify ( as at Dien Bien Phu). The shameful surrender of
Marshall Petain was a human act, if we follow the logic ?

   Cheers
   Aiviet