Co_ng ba(`ng: Fact and Opinion.

Cha`o ca'c anh chi. ddang tranh lua^.n ve^` va^'n dde^` "Co^ng Ba(`ng",

To^i la` mo^.t ho.c sinh cu?a Pre-Departure Traning Program cu?a ho.c bo^?ng
U'c (ddang ho.c English ta.i Thanh xua^n va` se~ ddi U'c dda^`u na(m 1998).
Nha^n tha^'y ca'c anh chi. tranh lua^.n ve^` va^'n dde^` co^ng ba(`ng trong
vie^.c ddi du ho.c nu*o*'c ngoa`i, to^i xin tri'ch mo^.t pha^`n buo^?i
discussion trong lo*'p to^i ho^m nay dde^? ca'c anh chi. tham kha?o.
(T - Gia'o vie^n ngu*o*`i U'c, S - sinh vie^n Vie^.t nam)

T: What is the most serious problem now in Vietnam? Poverty?
S: Yes.
T: What is the purpose of the Australian Aid program?
S: To help Vietnam improve its economy and eliminate poverty.
T: Where are in Vietnam the poorest areas?
S: Central provinces and highland areas.
T: Do you know that 40% of students in this course is from Hanoi, 30% from
HCMC, 20% from other cities and only 10% from provinces?
S: Yes, but we were selected by a joint committee from both Vietnamese and
Australian governments.
T: Does it mean Australia made a mistake in selection or the selection system
are wrong or not fair for people in rural areas?
S: No. In fact, Vietnam is sending its best students to Australia and when we
come back we will contribute to the development of our whole economy.
T: Are you sure?

Ca^u ho?i cuo^'i cu`ng ddo' co' le~ kho^ng chi? cho chu'ng to^i. Sau ddo'
tha^`y gia'o dda~ ddi.nh nghi~a International Aid nhu* sau: "International
Aid is  a system whereby money is taken from poor people in rich countries
and given to rich people in poor countries".

Mong la` va`i do`ng tre^n se~ cung ca^'p the^m tho^ng tin cho cuo^.c tranh
lua^.n cu?a ca'c anh chi. Chu'c ca'c anh chi. ma.nh gio?i.

Cha`o tha^n a'i,
Le^ Ho^`ng Giang