Le Phuong Lien's Leukemia Fund Account Update - Week ending 7/27/

Hi, friends,

First of all, I would like to apologize to all for once again being late
with the reporting of the account status. I have been quite busy and I
hope to have your understanding.

Secondly, I would like to clarify that the contribution attributed to
anh Vu Hoang Linh reported last week also included contribution from anh
Phan Anh Son and anh Doan Hong Nghia. Anh Vu Hoang Linh was the
collector and sender of the money. Thank you, anh Vu Hoang Linh.

Thirdly, I would like to report that Phuong Lien underwent surgery to
insert a permanent tube in her artery to make the administration of
medication easier. Please pardon my use of layman English. There is a
really looong medical term for this procedure, which I will not even
attempt to spell here. She also began chemotherapy this week. She is
currently in good spirit.

Fourthly, the web site has been updated with pictures of Phuong Lien,
thanks to anh Doan AnHai. Please visit the site and see for yourself the
recipient of your kindness.

Now, to the business at hand:

During the week of 7/20/97 - 7/27/97, we have received contributions
from the following kind-hearted people:

* From the U.S.A and/or in US Dollars:

Anonymous				$10.00
Anonymous				$20.00
Anonymous				$50.00
Anonymous				$80.00
Cao Duc Tan&friends	$70.00
Dinh T. Thanh Huong	$30.00
Eric Helgoson			$20.00
Ha Huy Tai				$30.00
Ho Ngoc Duc			$50.00
Hoang Thao				$20.00
Katherine Stohr			$10.00
Kathy Fraser			$25.00
Le B. Phung-Huyen		$50.00
Le B. Quynh-Dung(2)	$10.00
Nguyen Que Huong		$30.00
Nguyen Tam			$50.00
Nguyen The Dung		$50.00
Nguyen Viet Hung		$30.00
Paulina Chau			$50.00
Pham T. Khanh			$50.00
Phan Thinh				$50.00
Raymond Sabo			$10.00
Ton That Son			$50.00
Tran Ha					$20.00

* From France:

Le Khan-Toan		FF$100.00

As of 7/27/97, the Le Phuong Lien's Leukemia Fund account stood as
follow:

Balance forward (7/21/97) $707.00
Deposits				  $865.00
		       		------------------------
Balance (7/27/97) 		  $1572.00
 		       		    DM$250.00
		       		    FF$550.00
		       	 	    AU$ 70.00

Great job, everyone !!!

Taken together with the $3,000.00 we have already handed to Phuong Lien,
we are getting very close to our goal of raising US$5,000.00. I feel
that with just one more push, we will accomplish our goal.

I still have not received donations from some who have pledged. Please
send your contributions asap. Your contribution will help put us over
the top.

Updated information about Le Phuong Lien and our fundraising drive could
be found at:
http://www.cs.washington.edu/homes/anhai/vnsa/Leukemia/phuonglien.html.
Please distribute this URL as widely as possible.

Thank you, and God bless you all.

Hai-Tri C. Le

P.S. I will hold on to non-US currencies for a while and will exchange
them when we have a sizeable amount.
Below is information on how to contribute to the Le Phuong Lien's
Leukemia Fund

--------------------------------
HOW TO CONTRIBUTE TO THE LE PHUONG LIEN'S LEUKEMIA FUND
--------------------------------

1) If you are in the US:

Checks, money orders for Phuong Lien are to be sent to

Hai-Tri C. Le
P.O. Box 0236
Lynnwood, WA 98046-0236

(make checks payable to Hai-Tri C. Le, with a note: for Phuong Lien)

You can also make a bank transfer to

Seattle First National Bank (Seafirst)
SE Edmonds Branch
21900  Highway 99
Edmonds, WA 98026
Tel: (425)672-3601
Fax: (425)672-9666

Account number: 84144542.

2) If you are in Japan:

The VNSA member who are collecting donations from folks in Japan is Dr.
Hoang Tuan (tuan@hosoe.nuem.nagoya-u.ac.jp). Please contact him via his
e-mail address if you have any question. According to Dr. Hoang Tuan,
the best way to send your donation is to put your donation in cash
(either in US dollar or Japanese yen) into an envelope and send the
envelope to his address:

Dr. H.D. Tuan
Department of Electronic-Mechanical Engineering,
Nagoya Univeristy, Furo-cho, Chikusa-ku, Nagoya 464-01, Japan.

3) If You Are in Hungary

Please contact Mr. Vu Hoang Linh at

  e-mail: LINH@oplab.sztaki.hu
  Tel: 122-3502

4) If You Are in Vietnam

Please contact Mr. Tran Van Hai at e-mail tvhai@hanoi.vnd.net, or Mr.
Nhat, Phuong Lien's father, at tel: (84-4) 733-0756, fax: (84-4)
843-4595.

5) If You Are in Other Countries

Please contact a local bank on the best way to transfer money to the
U.S. We have compiled the following list of money transfer methods in
the decreasing order of preference, based on the experience of many VNSA
members:

a) You can buy money order at local banks. If you need to specify the
name of the recipient on the money order then specify it as Hai-Tri C.
Le (vnsa). Then send this money order in an envelope to

	Hai-Tri C. Le
	P.O. Box 0236
    	Lynnwood, WA 98046-0236
	U.S.A.

b) If you have US dollar account then you can write a check in US dollar
and send the check to the address given in Item (a).

c) If you have an US dollar account, you can also transfer money via
bank to

	Seattle First National Bank (Seafirst)
	SE Edmonds Branch
	21900  Highway 99
	Edmonds, WA 98026
	U.S.A.
	Tel: (425)672-3601
	Fax: (425)672-9666

	Account Number: 84144542

d) If you have no US dollar, only money in local currency, you can still
do as said in item (b) or (c), but use local currency instead of US
dollar. In this case, the transaction fee you need to pay the bank will
be a bit higher than in the US dollar case.

e) You can send cash (in US dollar) in an envelope to the address given
in Item (a).

Information about Phuong Lien's account status will be posted regularily
to VNSA. If you are not a VNSA member, please leave your email address
and the information will be also forwarded to you.  There is a webpage
for Phuong Lien at:
http://www.cs.washington.edu/homes/anhai/vnsa/Leukemia/phuonglien.html