Grad tax update (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 1997 22:05:32 CST
From: Marcus Drew <DREW%PHYACC.dnet@phys>
To: graduates@physics
Subject: Grad tax update

Just received this.

--- begin forwarded text

From:          Self <DHR>
Subject:       Graduate Student Taxes
Date:          Mon, 28 Jul 1997 8:31:44

Clifton, Gary and Sune ---- This is a message I would like to
distribute WIDELY to as many GSC, BGSA & HGSA members and other
graduate students as possible. I would like to thank the many of you
who joined me in writing personal letters, making phone calls, sending
emails and faxing letters to various members of Congress regarding the
proposal to tax graduate students on waivers of tuition.   Together,
our voices HAVE BEEN HEARD!!! If you do not previously hear, on Friday
we received an official confirmation that this proposal was DEAD.  Be
prepared to hear from these same wonderful elected officials how they
"never did support this danged idea and had your best interest
foremost in their minds all along." Welcome to the wonderful world of
politics!

Take Care.     Dr. Dan.

--- end forwarded text

FYI, Dan Robertson is the Director of the Office of Graduate Studies.

marcus