Re: Le Phuong Lien's Leukemia Fund Account Update - Week ending 7

Hai-Tri Le wrote:

> Hi, anh Vinh
>
> I think you are correct. I am not in the medical field, so stuff like
> this flies right over my head. It is called "central venous catheter -
>
> triple lumen". Whatever the heck that means !! :-)
>
> Cheers,
> Hai-Tri

Hi anh Tri' and all
Well, the catheter has three lumen (more expensive than double lumen
catheter) used to place into a large vein with several purposes. One is
to make the administration of medication easier as you said. In this
case any large vein is OK, no need a central vein. The other is to
evaluate the central venous pressure (a'p lu+.c ti~nh ma.ch trung ta^m),
in this case central venous placement is necessary. The catheter has two
or three lumen so that we can use several purposes in the same access.
In VN, we have only single lumen catheter, so we have to stop giving
medication if we want to measure central venous pressure and vice versa.

Cheers
Vinh