Re: About VIET FONTS

I am glad this works well for you; however, the Tiêu Chuâ?n Viê.t Nam font
table does have its layout in conflict with quite a number of frequently
used Western letters and signs.

Regular letters like á, à, í v.v..are not considered in this font table
layout; therefore, even though it is used with not many problem in Viet
domestic interchanges, it is not very convenient being used
internationally.

No system is perfect at this point, we can only wait for UNICODE 16 bit,
which will solve incompatibilities. This will be inevitably international.
By then, "domestic reliability" will be hard to find!

On the note of "domestic" or not, I find it equally "domestic" to use a
font table downloaded outside Viê.t Nam when the effort and intent of its
creator is the wish to better the use of our Viêt language. I very much
admire the effort of the TriChlor group, working very hard with many
groups, spending all they had and could to attempt at widening the use of
Vietnamese on computers since years past. They have greatly helped Viêt
commerce outside Viêt Nam, and perhaps the effect has also traveled home as
well.

Promoting domestic product is good, but to a certain extend. I think we
Viêts can now afford to look beyound geographic borderlines and see
ourselves as a people more, and a nation-state less. In the next 100 years,
there will be children with Viêt roots everywhere on this earth. Speaking
to them in domestic and non-domestic sense is quite an unhappy thought for
me to imagine. Furthermore, if we keep with that mindset, we will not be
able to deal with our big bull brother, China! Perhaps we can start the
thought now!

Cheers,

Toàn
toan@usa.net

> From: Duong Hong Son <duong@env.civil.saitama-u.ac.jp>
>           It's called ABCFonts Version 2.0 launched by some well-known
> authors in this aspect. For me, I prefer it than others that  were
> downloaded from
> abroad address 'cause it seems to have more reliability and it's a
domestic
> symbol.
>           Indeed, It works perfectly even my PC is using Janpanese
Windows