Sensitive subject

Dear ba'c Minh,

>How come those who voiced their
>opinion on the sexy and dirty part of "A'o Da`i" were not banned,

I am not sure which part of the a'o da`i you consider dirty.
And if the a'o da`i is sexy, what is wrong with that? What is wrong
with people being sexy? Why shouldn't we say what is sexy about people,
so long as we don't debase them? And none of the posters ever debased
a'o da`i and the women who wear them.

> but
>someone like Mr. Ang Quang Tran who had just voiced his opinion was
>immediately banned from the VNSA.  I understand that the rule for the
>VNSA is not to bring up sensitive matter, such as political.  Why did
>you ban him, not all others?

I think you should try a bit harder to understand the situation.
VNSA is organised by the people who will go back to Vietnam
for the people who will go back to Vietnam. These people will
be subjected to the laws and rule in Vietnam. When they go
back, if someone says "When you were studying abroad, you organised/
took part in a forum that spreads anti-reactionary materials",
they might get put in a lot of trouble. If you didn't have a
Western citizenship and had to go back to Vietnam, how would
you like to have to deal with that statement? Have you ever lived
in Vietnam? If so, when you lived there did you organise a notice board
in front of your house for everyone to excise whatever principle,
eg posting what Mr An Quang Tran did, there?

If you are an overseas Vietnamese then you, like me, are a guest
on VNSA. It is a lot of solidarity from the VNSA organisers
to take the risk of letting us be their guests; we might not be
so used to being careful and we might put them in trouble for it,
but they take the risk for us. We should appreciate their solidarity
and the difficult position they're in and not demand from them
what they, or we, can't do or criticise them for what they have to do.

Huy