[HELP] Need help

I have seen Vietnamese oversea help the Vietnamese in the country without
any prejudice about the past. So, I'd like to see whether it can go the
other way to show the cooperation.
Here is the problem:
My grandmas passed away in VN, and left her house for my father, uncle
and aunts. Now, all of my uncles/aunts, and my father live in the US.
My family want to sell the house, so we are told to file the affidavit
as the houseis now under the guardian of a relative and my cousins.
We have the problem as when all of my uncles/aunts went back to VN
to do the paper work, and they were told they had no right and could
not do the affidavits as they are "Viet-Kieu". They have to go back
to the US to do the paperwork with Vietnamese embassy.
Hence, they went back to the US and called up the Vietnamese embassy in
Washington D.C. The number is (202)861-0694, and Mr. Dung is in charge
over there.
Now, Mr. Dung told us we had to get all the paper work in VN as well as we
have to show our faces to him as he does not honor the official notary
public and US documents.
So, I have no idea what to do and I need help especially if some of you know
Mr. Le Van Bang to tell him this story.
It would be a bad public relation when the VN embassy does not help the
Vietnamese or Vietnamese-American. If they want the oversea Vietnamese
to co-operate to rebuild the country, then the VN government should try
to help the oversea Vietnamese when they need help rather than one way
service.
Tuan Nguyen
t.a.nguyen@ieee.org