RE: Phe^ bi`nh ba`i phe^ bi`nh cu?a Tra^`n Ma.nh Ha?o

On Tue, 17 Aug 1999, U't Say wrote:

>    Xin ca'c anh chi. bo+'t tung lu+.u dda.n cho to^i ddu+o+.c do+ tay ho?i
> ca'c anh chi. ca^u na`y: Ngoa`i ca'i ta`i la`m ddao phu? thu?, o^ng TMH
> dda~ co' bao gio+` "khen" ai chu+a nhi?\?

Hi anh U't Say, he wrote a number of articles praising Che^'
Lan Vie^n, for example. It looks like TMH greatly respects
CLV for his talent and courage (or shall I say conscience).
He likes the Di ca?o poems that CLV wrote when he was near
death.

He also praised some other guys that I don't remember now.
You can check out "Phe^ bi`nh va` pha?n phe^ bi`nh", his
collection of literature essays.

No one says he is a great literature critic. Indeed, his
writings frequently mix in emotions and nitpicking, hardly
professional! There are of course plenty of rumors that he
also undertakes "contract killing". But despite all of this,
he is smart, outspoken, blunt, and in general offering a
refreshing and interesting voice in a very boring literature
review market. If you read him, try to read for the points,
and ignore the nitpicking. (Who cares if he's doing that for
contract killing or not, the poster doesn't matter, only the
posting. That's also the rule on vnsa.)

When he appeared some time ago, he caused quite a stir.
Again, read "Phe binh va phan phe binh" to find out why.
Nowadays, many people think he has gone over the edge, into
literature trashing rather than analyzing.

Hai.

PS. We the Ba('c Ha` also has a weakness that I must
confess: we greatly enjoy the pain of others. If Tran Manh
Hao chops someone to death publicly, we do enjoy that.
That's why he has been such a great critic so far. I
am personally disappointed that he didn't trash CHCC even
more in his Nhan Dan article. He was so gentle, so polite,
so ... un-Tran-Manh-Hao, so disappointing...