Re: SSL and Netscape (and Ba('c Ngu.y)

Hi ba'c Aiviet and all,

SSL is an encrypting standard set forth by Netscape to ensure that the
sensitive data exchanged in a HTTP transmission is secured and can't be
sniffed by a third party. Actually, SSL is a encryption layer lays on top of
TCP/IP.

We know that the lower protocol encapsulates the upper data and adds its own
header, so data encrypted by SSL standard is transparent to TCP/IP.

In theory, a web server supports SSL can implement SSL transmission on any
fee port, including the typical 80 for http, providing that the browsers
that make request also support SSL and the server can prove itself is
trustable. Most of the secure servers doing e-commerce on the Internet
listen on TCP 80 port.

By the way, I have some history stories clipped from a book by La^m Ha'n
DDa.t and Ta`o Du+ Chu+o+ng on Liu Song and Bei Wei dynasties. This book is
named "Li.ch su+? TQ 5000 na(m", translated by Tra^`n Ngo.c Thua^.n, and
published on 1998 by NXB Va(n ho'a tho^ng tin. The book is a collection of
stories in chronological order covered a long period from Tam Hoa`ng, Ngu~
DDe^' to Ta`n Thanh.
In case some of you are interested in, I will post some stories related to
that period.
Regards,
Luong