Re: FW: Hanoi indignant over article on Ho Chi Minh

HI,

agreed, no comments on this "sensitive matter" (as defined by  VNSA Ad.) my mouth is itchy but rather keep it shut.

Huung

>>> ThuanQ Tran <thuanqt@yahoo.com> 08/26/99 07:05 >>>
After this article, I have a few questions:

1.) Who's the real Bui Tin?
2.) Was his political asylum to France motivated from a political
self-awakenging or actuaally from a failure in power struggle within
the ranks?
3.) What was his motives for writing such article?

"Communist propaganda elevates Ho to the status
of sage, national hero, saint. He has become the
Strategist, the Theoretician, the Thinker, the
Statesman, the Man of Culture, the Diplomat, the
Poet, the Philosopher."  If what Bui Tin said here is true, that's a
lot of heavy load for any one man to carry on his shoulders!  Uncle Ho
was a proven winner of the modern Vietnam history, but to become all
this would need some extrinsic inflation.  In fact, the people who
praised him may intentionally did that for self-serving purposes.

"All these names are accompanied with adjectives like "legendary" and
"unparalleled." He has become Ho the Luminary,Ho the Visionary.
Peasants in the South build
shrines to him. In the North old women bow before his altar, asking
miracles for their suffering children. "  I don't think this is true
anymore in Vietnam.  People are too busy to go on their own way to make
a living.  This may be true during the war time, because people needed
the fire to daredevil themselves in battles.  Vietnam is different now,
so is the mentality.  "Food on table" is the practical issue.  Idealogy
is abstract.

Cheers,

Thuan,

http://www.pathfinder.com/time/asia/magazine/1999/990823/ho_chi_minh1.html