Re: A Vituperative VNSA

Dear Mister Gentilhomme - KP,

Thanks for your peace-keeping lecture. Theoretically, it's all correct and I
take them all to my heart. It's easy said but hard done. I did not feel easy
after I sent out that mail, but I thought to myself: someone must do
something, it's just not fair to Mr AiViet.
As you (very well) said:
">    ....Sometimes, silence is the best way to articulate your view."
Well it is exactly the exception where I find silence is good but just not
good enough. I would keep my mouth tightly shut if I see AnHai's mail
earlier.

Talking about "hate": I would say that Mr. Tuan Pham is respected (by me and
many other DHSs) in some areas. (I like to think about myself as one of the
second DHS generation trying to establish ourself in the West, much alike what
you guys did 20 years ago. We know how hard it is and we appreciate your
achievements.)
The only thing I cannot stand is his looking-down attitude towards almost all
vietnamese who either live/work (got stuck, in OV's view) in Vietnam or who
has not yet absolved a decent education from the West. Amazingly enough, this
myopic view has been maintained throughout his years communicating with other
folks in VNSA.
(Perhaps that's part of the so-called "generation gap"?)
I wish someone could find a way to wake him up.
david
ps. I would not pursue this and other related threads further.