Data Analyst Intern, May 2018 - August 2018
Financial Analyst [China Asset Management Co.,LTD], May 2017 - August 2017
- Conduct data mining, modeling, statistical analysis, business intelligence gathering, trending and benchmarking for multiple client companies (Crux Climbing, Founders Healthcare, Survey Works, etc).
- Work with Python to extracted, interpreted and analyzed data to identify key metrics and then create dashboards in Excel and Tableau for data reporting.
- For Crux, use SQL to collect, cleansed and analyze structured and unstructured data in RGP relational database in support decisions for highpriority enterprise initiatives in product development, customer service improvement, organizational realignment and process reengineering.
Research Intern & Statistics Consultant [University Statistics Delta Program], Jan 2017 - Dec 2017
- Work in Research and Development Department, perform data collection and extraction from financial data terminals like Choice, CSMAR and Wind to study the market reactions to earnings preannouncement.
- Conducted quantitative analysis of stock market data using STATA & R and developed comprehensive reports, abstracts, and charts to present data and guide investment strategies.
- Perform ad-hoc analysis and reporting. Use SQL to query and examine over 2K employees’ compensation totaling $4.9 million at local branch.
Delta Program »
Data Analyst Intern [Yunkang Tech], June 2016 - Aug 2016
- Worked as statistics consultant with researchers on different social science projects.
- Designs analytic and assessment tools which incorporate suitable statistical tests.
- Analyzes,visualize and interprets data, using SQL and R to makes projections based on statistical inference.
- Conduct studies and develop plans to determine availability and development of resources, facilities and services.
Business Analytic Boot camp [Bittiger Inc, Santa Clara], Oct 2017 - Jan 2018
- Designed and built statistical analysis models on Ugoshop’s E-commerce
large data sets that helped increase online sales (up to 10% per product).
- Drive AB and multi-variant testing analysis and perform cohort studies that
help lowered cart-abandonment rate by 23%. Improved demand forecasting
that reduced backorders to retail partners by around 15%.
- Completed focus group and Business intelligence research that helped boost
local region sales.
Academic Tutor [Greater University Tutoring Service], Jan 2016 -Dec 2016
- Finished a 3-month career preparation boot camp that programs with SQL, R, and Python taught by two senior google business analysts
- Master Tensorflow, Tableau ,Hive database framework, AB testing, machine learning, statistical Modelling and other essential analytic skills
- Finished 3 industry-level capstone project (Amazon Ecommerce sales
analysis, Google Product Iteration, Fintech Fruad Detection).
Credit Card Fraud detection Project, Oct 2017 - Dec 2017
- Explain math and statistics concepts to students who take introductory college courses and help them solve homework questions
- Have five regular tutees, all show significant improvements after tutoring sessions
- Identified fraud transactions with over 98% accuracy on hugely imbalanced
(0.17%) transaction level data, using SMOTE
- Implemented machine learning approach including Logistic Regression, PCA
and Random Forest. Ensemble models with stacking, bagging technique.
- Made recommendations on designing an automatic fraud detection system
Major-related Course History:
STAT 479: Introduction to SAS
CS 310: Introduction to Matlab
CS 570: Introduction to Human computer Interaction
IS 371: Technology of Computer-Based Business Systems
STAT 327: Learning a Statistical Language