A Redblack tree is a special type of a binary search tree
Properties of Red Black Trees
- A red black tree is a binary tree where each node is colored, it has a few properties that
make it different than a binary search Tree
- There are three rules the tree must adhere by, the root node is always colored black
the path from the root node to any of the leaf nodes are always black, and a red node cannot have a red child.
Benefits of Red Black Tree
- Red black trees have more balance than red black trees, which decreases
the time complexity for finding nodes
- This means that the red black tree has a search complexity of O(log(n)).
- The balancing factor is due to the unique properites of the red black tree,
where insertions can cause rotations that balance the tree