Re: International Aid

> T: Does it mean Australia made a mistake in selection or the
> selection system are wrong or not fair for people in rural areas?
>
> S: No. In fact, Vietnam is sending its best students to Australia
> and when we come back we will contribute to the development of our
> whole economy.
>
> T: Are you sure?

Oops... wrong answer!! :)) Sounded to me like this teacher was
goading the students into a corner by his questions. There was
no right answer to begin with because neither the Australian nor
the Vietnamese system was doing what the ideal world might expect.

This is called the "Gotcha!" Method of Inquiry (in my book :)))

> Ca^u ho?i cuo^'i cu`ng ddo' co' le~ kho^ng chi? cho chu'ng to^i. Sau ddo'
> tha^`y gia'o dda~ ddi.nh nghi~a International Aid nhu* sau: "International
> Aid is  a system whereby money is taken from poor people in rich countries
> and given to rich people in poor countries".

Of course, it would be naive to take this simplistic definition literally.
I'd understand it to be a "suggestion" (go*.i y') designed to stimulate
further contemplation and examination of a rather complicated issue.
Nonetheless, there has to be *some* truth in that statement, otherwise
it would have no educational value for the students.

Back to reality for a moment, here's a down-to-earth question for all
you DHS:

If indeed students from rural areas have not been adequately prepared
for and/or represented in these International Aid programs, what would
*YOU* do, if you were given the chance, to correct the situation?

Thanks,
Ian